Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > What is the process for transferring reg...
What is the process for transferring registration/ownership of Max Pro?

2130 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-29 07:15:52

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech
    2016-02-28 13:31:50
    I am selling my unit as I do not need it any longer.  My MAC sales rep. said he can sell it no problem but has had issues before with transferring the registration from the original owner to the new one.

Does anyone know how this works?

Support??? 

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-02-28 13:45:04 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

In the past people have posted similar questions. Supports answer is email them the serial number and proof of purchase and they will correct the ownership. Now if your mac dealer is selling the tool you may want to email autel with your serial number and authorize them to allow the tool to be re-registered at a later date but not by your mac dealer because he has to resell it. Depending on what level of software you have it may be more valuable without updating. Older system and software seems to work better. Any way its up to autel to sort it out.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-02-29 07:15:52 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

Since the tool has been registered, it can't be re-registed again. But you can send us the serial No. and new Autel ID, our support can transfer it to the new owner. Please email to support@autel.com.
  Total1 Pages